Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Brothers

Tonight I put both boys in the bath tub together...that is something that I have been looking forward to since I found out that Cooper was on his way!! It was precious to see my two precious boys "playing" together and having such a fun time TOGETHER!! I LOVED having a sister close in age. We had many moments of fighting like cats and dogs...or sisters, but all the squabbles are a distant memory to me these days. I talk to Emily almost daily...sometimes more than once if I'm lucky! I often call her even if I don't have anything exciting to talk about, I just call to chat...to see how she's doing. I feel extremely close to her and so blessed to have her in my life. Now, if only I could convince CJ to look for a Wesley job in the N. GA area, it would be perfect!!! I hope that Maddox and Cooper will grow up to be close and to love and value each other. To look at them today, I feel like they will...Maddox loves to entertain Cooper and Cooper is always up for a good laugh! I told Jim recently that I pictured them in 20 years hosting a party...Maddox was the one in the center of the crowd saying, "Hey, watch this!" and Cooper was laughing and having a good time and making sure that all the guests were happy. They seem to be so different already but a perfect match!! These two little guys are so special to me in a way that I cannot even describe with words. I love them so deeply and so fiercely that it hurts. I had this overwhelming fear when I was pregnant with Cooper that I would not be able to love him as much as I loved Maddox. I mean, let's face it, Maddox is pretty awesome and Cooper had a lot to live up to!! My heart surprised me though, I had been told that my love would not divide, but grow...and oh my goodnes, it definitely did!! I cannot believe I wasted so much time stressing and worrying about such a silly thing...but I think for me it was a "gotta see it to believe it" event for me. So, as I think of my little roly poly Cooper squealing and splashing in his tub seat and Maddox showing him all the tub toys and telling me, "Mommy, Cooper is so happy!" I can go to bed with a smile on my face and love in my heart. Sweet dreams, my precious boys...Mommy loves you very much!!! Cooper, I'm sure we'll meet again before the sun comes up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment