Saturday, July 16, 2011

Biker Babe





Check him out! Maddox learned to ride his bike yesterday evening! It took about 10 mins of Jim running beside him holding onto the back of his shirt for him to get completely comfortable with the idea and then he was off!!!! I was bursting with pride as I watched my baby pedal around the cul-de-sac. I was "woo-hoo'ing" (and trying not to scare him and break his concentration), cheering, and crying all at the same time! I don't know why this has affected me the way it has. I guess it's just one more step of him showing me that he's REALLY growing up. I've been having some panic feelings about his starting Kindergarten in less than a month. He's fine and happy about it, it's my own fears that are making me feel this way! I know deep down in my heart that he will be fine...I just hate that my baby boy is growing up so fast right in front of my eyes!!! BUT, at the same time, I'm so blessed to have a healthy 5 year old who is growing and doing what he's supposed to! I digress....I'm proud of my little man! His interview with Jim at the end of the video was what he came up with on the fly...we were quite amused!

No comments:

Post a Comment